Are You Caring for an Aging Parent and Your Children? You Are Not Alone.
Almost half the population finds itself in the “sandwich generation” – caring both for parents and children.
This stage of life can be very challenging. In order to manage it effectively, you should keep key strategies in mind.
7 Tips for Navigating Life in the “Sandwich Generation”
- Have open and honest discussions about finances with your parents and siblings.
- Be proactive in creating a savings “emergency fund.”
- Set boundaries for both physical and mental space – and time.
- Recognize stress and stressors, and take steps to alleviate them.
- Learn about professionals and organizations that can provide assistance.
- Share care obligations for your parents with others (siblings, professionals, etc.) so you are able to spend quality time with your loved ones.
- Be as good to yourself as you are to your parents and children.
Affordable Quality Care
At Seniors Helping Seniors® Middle TN in-home care services we care about you! Our services are affordable and bring you peace of mind. Our overall goal is to make your life easier and give hope to your senior.
Find the support and care that your loved one deserves. We are here for your senior’s personal care when you can’t be there®.